Wednesday, July 30, 2008

two and a half

...weeks.  That is what is left of summer.  And for us, it is the beginning of a whole new world.  School!  We are getting more and more excited and a little nervous.  I am feeling bittersweet freedom from homeschooling... happy (hmm....happy may be an understatement) about the release of pressure from schooling, rigid schedules, and all the pull of time that homeschooling requires... yet sad I will be sending those sweet little girls into the world already... having someone else instruct them, teach them... the influence of classmates... the challenges that lie ahead.  Plus I will just miss them.  I'll miss those girls.  And miss the fun times we had doing school. But it will be so good, too!  SO good. So, yippee!!  

Bella is nervous.  She hopes school is fun and the kids are nice.  Not like the kids on "Sharkboy and Lavagirl" who make fun of each other and are really mean.  I told her movies make everything more dramatic than it really is.  And Abs is just excited.  She'll go and it will be just normal.  Normal fun life.  And she will be telling everyone what to do by the second or third day.  

I am looking forward to spending time with Emma and Evie and I wonder what life's going to be like with 2 in school.  It's going to be a new season, that is for sure.  I wonder if I will really have lots of extra time... or if other things will just naturally replace the previous.  In my head, I will be able to get lots of stuff done... I wonder if it will really be like that.

And I looked at the school calendar today, and man, these kids get some time off!  I don't want to lament the time they are NOT in school yet, but sheesh!  They get tons of days off!  And "Minimum Days"!!  They have like 2 full weeks of minimum day!  And a whole month at Christmas!!  It will be fun, though!

So, school starts August 18.  Two and a half weeks.  Crazy!!

2 comments:

Abby K said...

Ann, your family pix are adorable, i just wanted you to know...josiah is so excited that Emma's on the fridge, her picture, of course... too cute!

kirsten said...

love the new picture! i am right there with you in terms of school starting too soon. i haven't homeschooled the kids at all, but i can't believe amelia is going to be in 1st grade and away from home all day! and the boys will be in afternoon preschool. it will be strange to have orville gone 3 days a week too. but, i am looking forward to about 2 1/2 hours alone those 3 days a week. lots of little projects to get done that i can't do with kids around!