Thursday, July 3, 2008

it's in the air

It is smokey outside and it smells like fire.  Every summer is fire season, but in the past 6 years, for as long as we've lived here, I've never noticed.  Even last year when there were "air advisories", I didn't notice.  And even when the airplanes were flying over our house everyday making trips from the ocean to the fires.  But today, I am noticing.  Maybe because there is a fire at Big Sur and one in Goleta, fast approaching Santa Ynez.  We're sort of in between, so pretty much any way the wind blows, it blows from a fire...

Or maybe it is just fireworks and the oak from the Santa Maria style barbecues.  I am not quite sure.  The thing is that it SMELLS like a party.  Like a big giant Fourth of July party.  And since tomorrow is the 4th, and lots of people must have today off, the town is buzzing. So, it's in the air. And so tomorrow, I know it's gonna be crazy.  Crazy people having crazy parties.  Shooting off crazy fireworks.  I hope you all have a safe and fun holiday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE CRAZY FIREWORKS!!!! to bits.

Ma and Pa Moore said...

We saw the fires in Goleta, on the news, while on our girl trip and I said I bet you were hazy!