Wednesday, July 23, 2008

200

I can't resist posting the 200th post on my blog!  Even though I don't really have much interesting to say... and I bet you guys haven't had enough of the kids pictures yet... but I just had to post.  200 blog posts!  Woo Hoo!

Hmmm... Maybe I'll tell you all about the missionary we read about tonight at the kid's bedtime devotional.  He was a guy named Jim.... and he went to Africa... He was a doctor... and the tribes living nearby had never ever heard the name of Jesus.  The tribes witch doctor came to him because of an open sore... and as the missionary was telling him about Jesus... the witch doctor cringed at His Name and ran away screaming "not that name!"... even though that name had never been spoken before in that region.... the witch doctor thought on that name for a couple weeks... later returned to Jim... who was sensitive this time, calling Jesus "the Heavenly Chief".... and the witch doctor said, "yes, but what was His Name?"...so Jim told him, Jesus!... and the witch doctor said... I want to be in this Jesus tribe.  And the whole tribe's hearts were turned toward God.  

As I was reading, the girls started singing this song.... 

Whisper His Name (Jesus)
Whisper His Name (Jesus)
Whisper His Name (Jesus) and He will answer you...

Call out His Name (Jesus)
Call out His Name (Jesus)
Call out His Name (Jesus) and He will come to you...

Shout out His Name (Jesus)
Shout out His Name (Jesus)
Shout out His Name (Jesus) and He will run to you...

Those girls are incredible.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who sings that song that you just posted the lyrics to on this blog?

Milk and Honey said...

Your girls are so awesome!

annie said...

to anonymous: the one we're referring to is by Deluge, you can google it.

to milk & honey: YOU're so awesome... thanks for commenting on my Jesus post :)

Anonymous said...

Worship works!! That is so sweet! I want to come to your house for devotions:) For the first month we had that song I couldnt' listen to it without crying. For real. Like in my dining room. Or in the bathroom. Or while I was folding laundry. I was a blubbering fool. hugs to those girlies. (the anonymous cindy)

annie said...

anonymous cindy :) Thanks for your comments! We love that song, especially Abs, who likes the "shout out His Name" part the best because it requires yelling! If only our devotions were ALWAYS like that!! Usually they are more like "are you listening? Please lay down. Please stop talking." I guess they must've liked that story :)

Maica Kozak said...

what a lovely story! your girls are so sweet.