Wednesday, December 10, 2008

She's 8.

She had a great birthday. Todd's rule this year: no party. We instead did his childhood family tradition where  she gets to pick dinner and I would bake her the cake of her choosing. Which, as a side note. (Because there always has to be a side note!)  I was sure that I would definitely NOT start this tradition. Mostly because I just like to either A. buy a cake or B. make cupcakes, and because C. Todd's mom makes some crazy cakes that are pretty impressive :)  But this year Todd announced it to her before I could make any objections and she was really excited about it.  And she choose Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches for dinner with Chips with Chocolate Milk. And I am always up for an easy dinner, so Todd's childhood tradition it is.  She picked Little Pet Shops in the Snow as her cake... which I think she may have seen at someone else's party because it seems really specific.  So I gave it my best shot.

So her birthday.  She took donuts to school and they sang her happy birthday twice.  Plus she got a bunch of pencils and a Blow Pop and you know how exciting those are!  She opened her gifts when she got home from school.  She was so sweet and excited about each gift.  It was beautiful.  And later in the evening we went Christmas Caroling with the worship team from church.  Bella had fun reading the lyrics and singing along.  And she felt extra special when everyone sang Happy Birthday to her at the end of the night.  






4 comments:

Lalena said...

Love the cake!!! Good job mom!

We told the kids they could only have parties on the "big" birthdays...1, 5, 10, 13, 16, 18...why those are "big" I have no idea.
But itt's just too much with more than one child.
The other birthdays we just had family over and the kids could have a friend stay the night.
It worked most of the time ;)

Ma and Pa Moore said...

She looks so happy! It was great getting to share a little part of her day with her yesterday!

Mandi! said...

Sounds like a success! (and the cake looks wonderful!) :)

Ma and Pa Moore said...

Ask Todd - but I only remember making regular cakes for their birthdays! Didn't have time to make special ones! I think I bought those pre-packaged cake candy decorations to put on their cakes! :(