Friday, December 12, 2008

morning ramblings...

I never told you all how it went last weekend.  We had the show we were looking the most forward to, Holiday in the Plaza in San Luis Obispo.  All of us vendors set up by the old Mission in Mission Plaza.  We met some cool people again and were stationed next to a sweet couple who worked as a team, him selling metal yard sculptures and her selling sewn items.  The first day they wore shirts that said "Yes, Dear".  They were cute.  

This time it was a success!  We were steady all day long on both days, and once again people loved our stuff.  It is always really exciting when people love it.  And not just like, 'oh this stuff is nice'.  More like.  They LOVE it.  And get it.  That was encouraging!  And we made money!  So that was a bonus :)

And.  A store owner was raving about how well our stuff would go in her store.  She gave us her card, told us to take a peek, and then bring in some stuff so we could talk about price.  And after we packed up we walked over and looked in.  Her store is SO incredibly cute.  And she already had one of our signs hanging up with a price tag.  Pretty amazing.

All in all, it was a fun weekend.  Aside from missing hanging out with the family and missing church for weeks and weeks, it has been a great little adventure.  And we'll be looking forward to a break for Christmas.  And then to starting up again after the new year.

And did I mention we went to a boat parade?  We skipped the traditional, extremely LONG Parade of Lights in Santa Maria for a Christmas boat parade on the Pacific.  It reminded me of something I saw on TV once.  It was fun.  

Well.  I think I need to begin packing up for Winter Wonderland.  I'll let you know how it goes.  It looks fun from the video of last year's.  I am hoping to sled down a hill or two.  Love.

1 comment:

Lalena said...

Yea! I'm so sorry I didn't make it up to see you but super excited for you!
Stop in some time and lets chat!