Friday, August 22, 2008

with a little time on my hands...

I might be a little weird... well, might be? ....pretty much am.  But aren't we all? So here is a little weirdness about me, and maybe it's not so weird after all.  So here it is... Do you ever just get so excited about something that you almost can't breath?  Like, a book you start and just can't put down till the very end?  Or a new idea that you just have to do and finish because it is so exciting?  It used to happen every time I went into the craft store. I used to almost get annoyed with everything because there were SO MANY ideas, so many amazing things to make or do.  It was excitement to the point of overload! (When am I going to have time to do all of these things??) And I just spoke with a friend who was telling me she was so excited about a gardening book that she could only read it in small doses.  So I know I am not the only one!!

Well, today, since the girls are in school, I had time to figure out the install on our new Mac, and got Adobe CS up and running.  While I was finally playing with Illustrator, I got that feeling.  Not the annoyance, but the excitement.  There are so many cool tools, so many fun things you can do.  There are symbol sprayers, amazing brush tools, color palettes.  It is like creating amazing works of art.... watercolor strokes... charcoal strokes... pen and ink strokes.  There are so many tools.  And it is so exciting.  It is making me think that I should take some sort of graphics class at the local community college.  Why not? (Right, sis?)  It would be so fun. Here's my first attempt... (remember I am a beginner!!!)

6 comments:

Ma and Pa Moore said...

A graphics class.......that is a fantastic idea!

kirsten said...

it's beautiful!

and we are fans of meet the robinson's and that song too!

Abby K said...

O.K., I can't believe that, it should be the cover of a cd or something. It would make an awesome hallmark card...

Lalena said...

Love it!!! Take the class! Take the class!

eva said...

Wow, Ann! This is so exciting! I would love to have a shirt with those butterflies on it. Maybe starting at the bottom on the side, with this big ones almost in the middle half way down. Can you picture it! I am glad you are having time to get crazy excited about things. Hope you had a great first week of school. Talk to you soon!

Leah said...

It's lovely and beautiful! You are so creative Sis. I'm eager to see what else you create after you teach yourself a few more things AND take some classes - fall semester is probably starting soon - just in time!