Thursday, June 19, 2008

Summer!

It's been hot HOT here.  Like summer is back East.  And we're LOVING it.  Today we made a hot-day-needs-relief-air-conditioning trip to WalMart for sunscreen and squirt guns.  Home again, the girls are hanging out in the back.... little pool, water toys, Otter Pops and lemonade.  

Summer summer summer.  

I realize that at times I can sound idyllic. Enter real world: Utopia, only to be tainted by...
screams of "DON'T SQUIRT ME"
"Mom, I peed"
"Oops, the Otter Pop fell in the water, can I have another one... And can it be red this time?"
"MAMA!  Can you help me fill up this water gun?"
"Mom, Emma dropped her cookie in the pool and now she's EATING it!"
"Brrr.... I'm cold!" (while standing towel-less and dripping water all over the kitchen floor)
"MOM!  I need help with this water gun."
"Mom, Emma took two Chips Ahoy and now there's NONE LEFT!"
"Mom, is Abigail supposed to be squirting Evie?  Because she is."
"MMMOOOOM.  PLEASE HELP ME FILL UP THIS WATER GUN!"

I guess I better go....

2 comments:

Mandi! said...

Thanks for sharin your 'tainted' utopia...sounds like a great summer afternoon:)

Maica Kozak said...

my co-worker from California has talked in wistful tones of Otter Pops. "Ese coquillas mis barbas!" says Poncho. He was excited that you eat them.