Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Craft Monsters

"Mom, do you have any fluff?" asks Bella.
"Mom, you have fluff?"  enters Emma.
Both girls are holding "Pillow making kits" given from a crafty Sunday School teacher as Ab looks on, waiting for my reply.
"No, girls, I don't have any fluff" I say.
"Oh!  I know!"  yells Ab, running upstairs determinedly.
"No!  Ab!"  I say, knowingly.  "No tearing apart any stuffed animals!"
"Aw.  Why, mom?  How about just the ones that are ripped?"  begging.
"No, guys.  Please. Just do a normal craft with paper and scissors and glue or something."  I say, and then turn to finish up the dishes.
"We can't do the pillows, guys.  We don't have any fluff."  explains Bella.
They go rustling into the garage.
Enter back in with construction paper, glue and scissors.
"Mom,"  says Bella "do you have any sandpaper?"
"Who needs sandpaper?"  I ask, "Dad?"
"No, for my craft"  says Bella.
What can I say, I have created CRAFT MONSTERS.  Everything is a project.  Everything could be SOMEthing.  Everything MUST be elaborate.  Just a crayon drawing?  NO WAY... it must be decorated with glitter, at the very least.  Maybe some feathers or beads or... whatever else we can find.  Creative kids.  I love it... yet at the same time... oh, the mess.

1 comment:

Mandi! said...

Ha! A bonus to me not having a crafty bone in my body! I knew there had to be a down side to having such a gifting but for years now I couldn't find it! And now I know- maybe my kids will be content with crayons and paper:) Sounds like a crazy summer to me!