Monday, December 11, 2006

Snow Angels

Today we got some Christmas presents off in the mail to all you Ohio folks. Should be getting to you all next week sometime. It really starts to feel like Christmas when the cards and packages start coming. I loved it most the first year we were here in CA. We felt so far away and it was like a little taste of home each time we opened up a new surprise. Today we got a few Christmas cards in the mail from far off friends. It is so fun and heartwarming to find out what is going on with people who have been important in our life. It is amazing, actually. I love it! Today I also got a little Christmas treat from my sweet sister in NYC. She sent me two new Christmas CDs (Sis, you are awesome! How did you know I was just thinking I needed some new xmas music?). Sarah Mclachlan's Wintersong and Over the Rhine's Snow Angels. I haven't listened to Wintersong yet, I am too in love with OTR- I had to study the jacket, read all the lyrics, read all the notes. And finally put the CD in. The piano, the voices. So beautiful. Their music captures something...some old taste of things lost. I can't describe it exactly, but that when I listen it stirs my soul. You should hear it! Thanks, sis!!

No comments: