Thursday, December 14, 2006

Dear Family,
I hope you guys are all doing well and are trapsing through snowy paths and shoveling drives. That sounds like fun. Seriously :) Well, Todd might feel differently...especially at a job like this. Can you imagine having to clear the storage unit's aisles? That would definately be a mess!

But we are getting ready for Christmas here. We took the girls out to look at lights the other night and even stopped for hot chocolate! We saw some exciting houses while we sang with the muppets- FIVE GOLD RINGS! Even Emma joined in!

Something else so sweet and amazing. Isabella got for her birthday a 'learn to knit' kit. When she opened it, I thought it'd be sitting around the house for at least another year or two. But she wanted to open it and give it a shot. And yep, you guessed it, she learned how to knit. She can totally do it! I was amazed. We were sitting together on the sofa and she was knitting and I was watching, helping when needed. I was so impressed! Then she wanted the purse (yes, it is a purse!) to be finished. I told her it would probably take at least amonth or so to finish, but doing the project would be the fun part and spending time together and hanging out with each other as we do it. She was just quiet. Later, her and I went to the store and as I was hurrying down the row, Isabella said to me: "Mom, you don't need to hurry. We can just have a good time being together." It was true and she was right! We had nowhere else to be, nothing else we needed to do- so we just slowed down and had a good time shopping together. Yesterday she made "buckeyes" (peanut butter chocolate coated candies for you non-ohioans). She made them mostly by herself! I said- well, if she can knit, she can almost do anything! ;) It is the new phrase running through my head if she says something (like cleaning!) is too hard! If you can knit, you can do it. Ha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Isabella!

By the way, I wish it was snowy here, but it is actually in the 50's everyday. I don't even have to wear a coat. Doesn't make it feel much like Christmas, yet. Maybe next week it will snow?

Anonymous said...

oh no! almost Cali weather! I hope it snows there next week too! It might rain here, that is the closest to winter we'll get :)

Leah said...

That is SO SO sweet Annie...hmm...it kind of reminds me of when we were at McDonalds my last trip out...when Bella and I were moving in S L O W motion eating our dinner. :-)
Fun!