Friday, December 29, 2006

a simple thing

OK, it is fun to get stuff too. In the last blog, I wrote that getting always leaves you wanting more. Which made me think. And then the very next day, I was completely blessed by someone. And it was so touching. I'd been looking up cameras. I was thinking about getting a nice high-end digital. Not quite a DSLR, maybe a couple steps down. And then the very next thing I know, my sweet and amazing sister offers to send me hers. She has a DSLR, she says. She has another, she says. So she offers to send her nice camera I had so much fun using in NYC. Isn't that generous? She is.

And something else. Tonight some people invited us over for dinner. It is a simple gesture. Just dinner. And today I spoke with her. What should I bring? Nothing. We have the bread, the salad. Even the cheesecake. And I was blessed even more. I know the effort, the prep, the cleaning and cooking it takes to have people over. And she, well they- are getting ready for....us. Little us. All that for us. I know it is simple, but it means a lot to me. It is an honor, really.

So, we are blessed to receive, too. To give and to receive. I guess we need a little of both.

No comments: