Wednesday, August 15, 2007

what about china.

I-ant my blaaaaaaankie! I-ant snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.
Over and over again until she gets whatever she is asking for, no matter where we are. At Costco the other night, she repeated it the ENTIRE time until we got to the car and she got whatever her mind was set on. For goodness sakes! Oh, Emma. She knows what she wants and wants it now. I guess it proves she is 2.

We've been taking it easy and staying low key. Mostly because I don't have the energy to go anywhere :) Today we actually made it to the playground and I was out of breath just sitting there! Ugh! But it actually was fun and I think I should push myself to get out and do more because it is better than just hanging out here. We are going to try for the beach this week. It's been a while.

And what about all of these China recalls? Ever since Todd and I watched the documentary about the Tank Man on PBS I have been a little leery of anything from China- even though almost EVERYTHING is made there. The girls have a soccer ball which says "Made in China" "Not with child labor". Nice. Do I believe it just because it says, or do I not believe it because it is an odd thing to write on a soccer ball? I don't know. It is sad that we could be eating cardboard and giving our kids poison to play with because of cost cutting and cheap labor. And it is sad that the Chinese government will execute a scapegoat and think that makes it better. Not to mention the censorship issue. But anyway. You did not come here to hear my woes about China. (And if you live in China, this will be censored by Google or yahoo!!) So I better go make some muffins or something.

No comments: