Tuesday, January 9, 2007

4!!!!!!!!!!




I don't think I ever posted the cute kitchen the girls got for Christmas. Isn't it sweet? And they absolutely love it. And of course, Happy B-day to Ab! She is 4 years old. I can hardly believe it. I was remembering when I realized I was pregnant with Ab. The day we packed all our belongings in a truck and moved out of our house on Fulton Street!! Crazy what a difference 4 years makes!

Well, she had a great birthday. We woke up to Christmas-style excitement and opening of presents. She got a ton of cool stuff, including a mp3 style Barbie radio. We didn't even realize it came as a bonus with another toy we got her- but I think it might be her favorite gift!

We went to the park for a picnic lunch. Bella and Ab picked tiny flowers for me while Emma and I fed the ducks our leftovers. I had a huge pile of flowers next to me, which Emma kept picking through, to the girls dismay. We finally decided they would be good for a Barbie wedding- so we threw them all up in the air like confetti. As soon as we did, all the ducks started quacking and swimming over as fast as they could. All of a sudden we were surrounded by hungry ducks! We threw the flowers up again and all the ducks were so excited! It was kind of funny until these three giant geese swam over and stood 3 feet away from us. They are aggressive! So we threw them all the flowers and ran away! It was fun! :)

And tonight Abigail had her strawberry shortcake birthday party. We played throw-marshmallows-in-the-buckets and who-can-eat-2 marshmallows-the-fastest. Pretty fun. We had strawberry cupcakes with strawberry frosting and strawberries on top. With bubble gum ice cream. And we sent the kids hom with bags full of candy! Yeah, their parents love LOVE us!!! :)

So no more birthdays for a while! Tomorrow we will open all these new toys and play play PLAY!!

3 comments:

Ma and Pa Moore said...

Fun, Fun! Everyone looked like they were having a Happy Birthday for Ab!
As you were telling about the picnic and the ducks/geese I felt like I was right there with you, but I ran off before you did once you mentioned the geese!
And four years ago we had just gotten home from our first CA visit! Seems like yesterday!

Anonymous said...

oh yeah- and no Abigail! remember she was born 2 days after you left, huh? Crazy!!

Leah said...

Yay! Happy birthday Abigail. It looks and sounds as though you all had a lot of fun!!