Thursday, January 8, 2009

birthdays and starbucks

Today I went to Starbucks.  All by myself, thanks to a friend.  I sat down at a table, pulled out the iPod touch, and played.  Drank a cup of coffee, ate a biscotti.  Watched a couple of moms fumble with their fussy babies.  When I'm there (with kids) and I see someone like (me, today), I wonder what kind of life they must lead- that they have the time to sit at Starbucks and play with their iPod.  But today, that person was me.  The one with no kids, and plenty of time to sit and do nothing.  At least for 20 minutes or so.  It was pretty fun.  

And tonight I am trying a new recipe, thanks of course, to allrecipes.com.  Sweet and spicy sweet potatoes.  They're seasoned with brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, cumin and cinnamon.  Sounds... interesting?

And Happy Birthday to Grandpa Moore!  

And tomorrow, Abs turns 6.  Six!!  So, here's a joke we're telling just for her:  

Knock, Knock.
Who's there?
Abi.
Abi who?
H-ABI Birthday!!

Chuckle, chuckle. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we're still just calling that one practice, though! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Habi birthday, Abi!

kirsten said...

i so long to be that lone person at starbucks sometimes! and i have also wondered that about the lone people there. i also wonder about the people who are out exercising at 2pm. what kind of job do they have that can be out running at 2 in the afternoon? maybe i'll try that one day when the kids are at school-the starbucks thing, not the running. :)

also, LOVE the jokes!