Tuesday, January 27, 2009

...back again.

Now that the kids are back to school and life is getting a little settled again... I may be blogging again.  MAYbe is key!  HOPEfully, anyway.

We had a great break.  We have an entire month for Winter Break here, so it is a very long mid-year break.  I'm not sure the teachers love it, but we loved it!  It was so great to all be together again for an extended time of no school, sleeping in and not-too-much structure.  It almost... ALmost made me think about homeschooling again.  Their attitudes were nicer, they were less tired and therefore less emotional... and they got along so well.  The idea of Back-to-School was not a happy thought in any of our minds!  

...So, I wasn't prepared for the joy I felt when I dropped them off at school the first day back.  They closed the door, walked up the path greeted by their teachers and friends.  And I wasn't prepared for the smile, the excitement I felt.  For them.  For the things they get to be a part of at school and the friends they have made... And for me and the other girls.  We've been hanging out the past few days and I realized they need this time too.  We need this time together!  So I am excited.

And the older girls, even though they had been DREADing going back are once again loving school.  Abs is learning about Chinese New Year and saying it in Chinese and using chopsticks for every meal.  Bella is back to making up stories and writing and telling all about her friends at school and their funny adventures.  Em is happy that I get to spend time with her as the focus.  And Todd is happy to have lots of clean laundry!!  So it's good all around!!!  :)

No comments: