Thursday, May 1, 2008

funtimes...

It has been a while. Somewhere in the hectic-ness of my life, I misplaced my sense of humor! I have been running through the days at a frantic pace- and missing the fun times. No more! Officially, today I am proclaiming it. And in honor of the day, I will share the latest.

The girls sing 'cheers' at their softball games while in the dugout. The newest favorite goes something like "Bella's up to bat, Bella's up to bat....if I were you and you were me I'd scoot my booty back, I'd scoot my booty back." Of course, sang with attitude...I'd sk-you-t my b-you-ty bay-ack. Pretty fun, right.

So, Emma has started cheering, too. Yes, she often screams many of the cheers wherever we are- the best up until now being "hurry up please!" and "We don't drink no lemonade, we just drink our Gatorade...we don't play with Barbie dolls, we just play with bats and balls" (which she LOVES to sing, even though she also LOVES dolls...).

So, there we were at the grocery store. A couple of random childless women in the aisles with us. Respectable, nice looking women. Suddenly, Emma starts singing her newest: "I got my booty back, I GOT MY BOOTY BACK, I got my b-you-ty bay-ack." I look at Abi. I look at Bella. We all break out laughing. Out of context, I can only imagine what those women were thinking. I don't even care. I was really just enjoying a break from the pace. A moment of rest, a glimpse of laughter- treasures along the road!

2 comments:

Milk and Honey said...

I love that story! You need to videotape Emma singing the cheers! Jen and I used to sing softball cheers at the very top of our lungs when we were left home alone and were supposed to be cleaning our rooms. Our poor, poor neighbors...

Leah said...

That is so sweet!