Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I Shall Believe

In my car this morning, on my way to errands, grocery shopping- Costco, Trader Joe's... the trophy shop for softball end of the year parties, the bank.... suddenly, I was taken aback. We were listening to KLOVE and this song came on. Do you ever hear a song and then almost instantly with the melody come all a troop of memories, tagged with emotion, from a time past? I know you know what I mean. It is the power of music!

So today I heard this... and it reminded me of God's FAITHFULNESS to me. God never gives up on us. And even when everything around us is falling apart... and when everything we do to try to fix it just makes it worse.... He never gives up! That was us... a few couple years back. And I remember listening to THIS song, but the one by Sheryl Crow. So I was shocked to hear it here on KLOVE. I was surprised that I wasn't the only one who thought this song was like a prayer to God!! So there I was, driving to get groceries.... and began the tears! Hear his cry "Please say HONESTLY you won't give up on me- and I shall believe". The bible says time and again that "He will never leave us or forsake us" It is the truth! And I know it! Looking back I see... looking forward I know. He is always ready for us, always ready. And He never gives up.

And the other thing is.... people need to hear this! People need to know that God NEVER gives up on them. Never. And people in my world need someone here to believe in THEM. I am so excited to be that person. God, make me a person like that. amen.



No comments: