Thursday, April 29, 2010

un-cluttered

I am sitting here... in my VERY unorganized bedroom.... feeling a bit overwhelmed at the clutter that is filling up all of the closed spaces around me!! The closet, the drawers, under the bed... the file cabinet, the garage... the kid's "game" closet... all of the baby stuff Evie has outgrown, yet I still squish into the overflowing drawers. The uneasiness is turning into irritation... that will ultimately turn into a desire to DO SOMETHING about it... which will be fueled by the motivation to be ....un-cluttered. And it IS Spring... so there's the whole new-season-for-Spring-cleaning thing.

But I'm not quite there yet. I am still in the irritated and overwhelmed phase. Because I am not quite ready to dive in and get rid of the stuff that I don't need anymore... but I am so so SO tired of seeing it all just laying around.... taking up space.

And then I've been praying... God, un-clutter ME... un-clutter my heart.... so in this new season I have room for what You want to do in me. And I think I might still be in the irritated phase of that as well. Because it is hard to let go sometimes. But it reaches a point where it's actually harder to carry the things... and I want to move forward.

So I think I'm going to go get some boxes now. Pack away the blankies, rattles... baby burp clothes and lil booties... maybe take them to Goodwill. Maybe sort the files... or at least the box full of papers that need filed. And I am going to press on... no shrinking back... no hiding out.... no stuffing the stuff back in the drawers! Forward in faith!!

1 comment:

Mandi! said...

So very, very true! That has been the cry of my heart for months now...(inside & out) & I'm now seeing the fruit of it & the continuous need to keep uncluttering! Best of luck to ya!