Saturday, February 14, 2009

zoe's cupcakes


...looked way better than this at the start.  Em snagged a cupcake as we picked up the older girls from a *yummy* and fun party with a new and now dear friend.  Zoe made these lil cuties just for the party.  

And on the way home, Emma ate hers happily- using the candy heart as a spoon and licking off the frosting.  Deciding she was finished, she carefully placed the heart in the cupcake and said "Mom, it's just like your birthday!  Here, mom, you can have it!!" in a very pleased-with-herself kind of way, and handing me the double-licked, sort-of-dripping-with-Emma-juice creation.  And then said, "Eat it, mom!  It's just like a birthday.  But it's not July.  My birthday is in July.  I'm getting a Diego Train."  I said, "I'll just put it here, but I don't want to eat it right now."  Meanwhile, the green heart fell off, and she insisted that I hand it back to her so she could replace it and make it "like a birthday" again.  

It's a dear-to-my-heart-just-like-a-mom gift, the wet-with-slime cupcake.  That kid is so sweet and funny!  And isn't it precious?  Well, I think it is, anyway.  But the cupcake?  Yeah... I don't think I'll be eating that! (Sorry, Zoe!)

1 comment:

Mandi! said...

Oh that's great! The memories that were just made :)