Monday, February 16, 2009

day off

We have had 2 Mondays off in a row and I have to say, we're enjoying it.  Abs and Bell made a little nest behind the chair and are quietly reading their new Scholastic Books.  Em and Evie are napping and I am spray painting(!) some little men and women and hearts to use for some sort of decoration for the "love series" at gen church... as soon as I get an idea.  I figured they'd be better red instead of wood brown, so I went ahead and did it in hopes that something would come to mind.

Todd is sleeping, too- he is still a little sick still from his double-flu-whammy last week.  I feel bad for him and he is so tired.  I told him to just go to bed so hopefully he will be ready to help me think of something great with these little guys in a couple of hours!!

It is raining like crazy here.  There are little rivers running along the streets and giant lakes are forming at the corners of the intersections. And most people are politely turning the two-lane streets into one-lane streets- except for those one guys with the giant trucks.  They're all excited to forge the lil lakes with their 4-wheel drive, finally using 'em for something.  (Remember the VeggieTales song? It's like that one).  Anyway, we were avalanche-d by some giant waves of dirty water.  I think it's pretty funny.... but...the girls were a little nervous!  OOhhh, you and me in our... come on, let's just sing it for fun:

Larry- I like your car.
Girl- I like Yours too.
Larry- Is It a Jeep?
Girl- A Subaru.
Larry- I like your tires.
Girl- You’ve got nice chrome.
Larry- A trailer hitch ?
Girl- Left Mine at home
Larry- Oh your suspension it suspends me over heights I’ve never known.
Girl- And your roll bar is to die for. By the way, I like your chrome.
Larry-You already said that.
Girl- Did I ?
Larry-Yeah.
Girl- Oh.
Both: Oooohhh you and me in our Sport Utility Vehicles, cruisin' to 7-11 for a bag of Frito-Lays! Oooohhhh you and me in our Sport Utility Vehicles, we’ll slam into 4 wheel and pick up a dozen eggs. 
Larry- And if there ever was a snow... y'know.
Girl- A really really deep snow...
Larry: And if everyone was stuck but us
Girl- We’d be the ones not stuck
Larry- Then we could be the heroes.
Girl- We could be the heroes.
Both- Yeah we would be the herooooooos..
Larry- We would push them and pull them....
Girl- push them and pull them...
Both- Push them and pull them right out of the snooooooooow.
Girl- I like your car
Larry- I like yours too
Girl- Periwinkle?
Larry- Its baby blue
Girl- Hows it handle?
Larry- Like a dream
Girl- How ‘bout coffee
Larry- and then Ice cream!
Both- OOoooh. You and me in our Sport Utility Vehicles cruisin' to Dunkin Donuts for a cup of steaming Joe! Ohhhh you and me in our Sport Utility Vehicles we’ll slam into 4-wheel drive for a scoop of rocky road.
Girl- And if we ever go campin,.. y'know
Larry- Haven’t been but one day.. I’ll go
Girl- And we find a ranger stuck in a ditch
Larry - A nice ranger in a deep ditch.
Girl- Then we could be the heroes.
Larry- Oh, we could be the heroes.
Both- Yeah, we could be the heroes...
Girl- We would push him and pull him
Larry- Push him and pull him...
Both- Push him and pull him right out of that ditch.
Larry- I like your car
Girl- I like yours too
Larry- Is it a Jeep?
Both- Its my Sport Utility Vehicle



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the news said california was getting alot, alot of rain!!! Glad you are enjoying your day-Mom,Grammy

Mandi! said...

That is such a fun song! Which movie is it off of? [And I thought I'd watched them all!!]