Tuesday, February 24, 2009

the color green

I love this song by the late Rich Mullins!  It is so old, but it reminds me of our morning drives to and from school, and of the beauty that's all around us....

"The Color Green"

And the moon is a sliver of silver
Like a shaving that fell on the floor of a Carpenter's shop
And every house must have it's builder...

And I awoke in the house of God- 
where the windows are mornings and evenings,
Stretched from the sun , across the sky north to south

And on my way to early meetings I heard the rocks crying out:

"Be praised for all Your tenderness by these works of Your hands...
Suns that rise & rains that fall to bless & bring to life Your land! 
Look down upon this winter wheat and be glad that You have made
blue for the sky & the color green- that fills these fields with praise!"

And the wrens have returned and they're nesting in the hollow
of that oak where his heart once had been...
And he lifts up his arms in a blessing for being born again.

And the streams are all swollen with winter... 
Winter unfrozen and free to run away now.
 
And I'm amazed when I remember
Who it was that built this house...
And with the rocks I cry out:

"Be praised for all Your tenderness by these works of Your hands! 
Suns that rise & rains that fall to bless & bring to life Your land! 
Look down upon this winter wheat and be glad that You have made
blue for the sky & the color green!"

3 comments:

Lalena said...

I don't think I've ever heard this song. It makes me think of your pencils. Are you drawing???
I've missed seeing you. How ya been?

Unknown said...

beautiful

kirsten said...

oh how i love that song too. and who shared that song with me? years ago? you!!! and i am so thankful!