Monday, August 30, 2010

beginning.

So today is the day :) I am starting the STOP sessions from HouseWorks. I am sure you are all super excited to know that! These are short, 20 minute sessions of focused clutter control. I chose the first area- the Entertainment Center. Right now it is clutter with Wii accessories, DVDs, video cassettes, board games.... photo albums. Seriously! All that!! And I am trying to remember that it's not about decor, but about functionality. I mean, I want it to look nice, but more than that- I need it to work for our family!! That is a tough one for me :) Sooo. For STOP, I go through it all, choosing what to put in Storage, Toss, Organize or Put Away. I am excited to have this space cleaned from clutter and more useful!

Let me just tell you about a typical day. Wii accessories scattered, white wires..... DVDS out of case and sitting, face down on any flat surface.... games, taken out but not put back (because it is too hard for the kids to maneuver the games back into the small-geometrically-figured-cubby that makes them all fit!) Finger prints.... dust.... ah, mess and clutter.

SO. It will probably take more than 15 minutes. But, maybe not too much more. :) More to come :)

1 comment:

The Arteagas said...

sounds like you're getting an awesome start on your stop project! :-) You sound like me - projects that look like they will take longer than a day are impossible for me to work on, but if i can get it done within an hour, I'm happy as a lark! good idea to break things down into 20 minute sorting sessions - I think I can do that! :-)