Saturday, November 29, 2008

Peanut Butter Pie.


Carol's Peanut Butter Pie....

This was... well, probably still is.... Todd's favorite, even though he really shouldn't be eating it.... and why I haven't made it in over a year.  His mom's pie.  I have gotten pretty good at making it- although I am sure not as well as the original!  And I still remember the first time I made it in Defiance... with Carol and Wilma.... and the meringue was.  Let's just say... not at all fluffy.  And those sweet ladies blamed it on the humidity.

I made it the other night and almost forgot to bake it at the end.  See the snowy white peaks? I was thinking:  Wow, it's like marshmallow.... Mmmm.  I bet it would be good toasted.... Wait a minute... aren't they are supposed to be a little toasted on the tops? Oops!  I threw it in at the last minute and it turned out delicious, but I my picture turned out blurry.  So I used the pre-oven toasted photo.

Looks pretty good.... right?  :)

3 comments:

Shannon Moore said...

I believe Jesse and I have had this pie made by you before, and I remember it being wonderful.

Ma and Pa Moore said...

Yum! Looks good enough to take a fork and dig right in to the picture!!! And, I'm sure it WAS the humidity the first time because you are an awesome cook and baker. :-)

Lalena said...

yummm...