Saturday, October 4, 2008

welcome rain

When I woke up this morning, it was raining.  Raining!  I opened the curtains wide and my soul drank in the refreshing rain!  I know it sounds strange, especially to those of you in Ohio, where an overcast day is fairly common.  Here, though, it is not uncommon to have months and months where there is not a cloud in the sky.  I am not trying to rub it in!  Just the opposite, in fact!  There are days, like today, when I welcome a change from the hot sun.  And as I was walking out of the laundry room, I noticed the sun through the clouds, shining morning light on the puddles and wet pavement.  Soon, the ground will be dry again and I found myself wishing the sun would stay hidden for just a few more hours!  I love the changing seasons!!  

And just then, Abigail's little voice began her favorite song from Kindergarten:  "Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun, Please shine down on me! Mr Sun, Sun, Mr Golden Sun, hiding behind a tree... These little children are asking you, please come out so they can play with you! Mr Sun, Sun, Mr Golden Sun, Please shine down on me!!"  She is a gift of joy.  Oh, my Abigail.

2 comments:

eva said...

That is so very, very sweet, it brings a tear to my eye.

Leanne Barker said...

Thats funny I was singing that song to Caleb this morning!