Tuesday, October 28, 2008

the school lunch

The school lunch.  I never really got a school lunch, except on Pizza Day... though I now wonder why.  It it so easy to just send a kid to school and get a lunch.  And looking back I even wonder if we just might qualify for the school lunch program.  But all that aside...  my kids qualify for the school lunch program.  Because their school offers it to all students.  So, breakfast and lunch everyday are free.  To everyone.  No matter what.

So, the girls, though.  They had been looking forward to, as one of the very exciting things to do at school, taking their own lunch boxes from home with their very own treats inside.  So, each day we have a little struggle as to whether or not they'll bring a lunch vs get a school lunch.  Check the menu, decide if it sounds good... if not, pack the lunch.  And there better be a note! Bella ALWAYS wants to bring.  Abigail almost always wants to get.

So today, the menu said Peanut Butter and Jelly.  So Bella wanted to bring.  Which is silly, because we always send PB & J.  Only on wheat and with honey.  And I am sure that what they give at school is the "Uncrustables" because it is easy.  So, I am waiting for today when I get them- for them to tell me all about the delicious (white) bread that the sandwiches were made from.  Because they tried them once at Costco.  And they loved the white bread.  So I am waiting for them to come home and tell me how delicious the sandwiches were at school today.  Because we made them get school lunches!

2 comments:

Ma and Pa Moore said...

So, tell me, was the school's PB&J better than what they pack? :)

annie said...

yes, they LOVED them! They were wheat, though. :)