Thursday, January 28, 2010

the coolness of snow...


There is just something about the snow that makes my heart happy...
and something about the thought of it that makes my heart leap for joy.
(The bible says "the coolness of snow refreshes the Spirit")

My favorite thing to do in the snow is, after climbing the sledding hill,
to just fall straight backwards,
landing in a perfectly formed bed,
and just laying there for a while to catch my breath.
I love that.

this is from the porch of the lodge where we had dinner. (wuksachi)

this is the crazy beautiful sledding area. see me with the red coat down there?

big, old trees.

and chains.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just saying that I still LOVE stopping in on your blog and seeing what you have to say:) the snow pictures are lovely! anonymous cindy. remember the one who can never remember her password!