Friday, June 12, 2009

three. more. days.

Every day this week I have tried to come up with some reason that my girls need to stay home from school. Or get picked up early.  The truth is, with only a few more days of school, everything in me wants to just be DONE already.  And they are ready too.  Abigail was in tears the other day, ready for vacation- and I am missing them more and more.  I am counting the minutes until I can pick up Bella today so we can come home and have some fun together on a non-school night.  Do we really have to send them for the last 3 useless days?!  But then there's something about closure.  And saying goodbye to friends for the summer.

Some days I really miss homeschooling.  I miss the family time, the family-focus.  I miss being a team 24-7, on the same team- with an outward focused goal.  I miss the projects and the lessons, the outings and the free time.  I am hoping that summer will shake me back into reality- that we will get our fill and be ready for the new school year.  Nonetheless, we are ready for summer!  Here are some things I've been stewing over:

*  Weekly beach day with some of my favorite people.
*  Sewing projects are floating in mind (dresses... for me!  and maybe the girls too).
*  Re-vamping the AMEN blog and going craft-blog crazy.
*  Mac projects!  Movies, podcasts... (regular updates from the girls!!).
*  Decorating!!  (I need some change, I need ideas!!)
*  And thrifting.  I really want to get back into this, one of my favorite past times!! :)

So many things to do!  Too many.  But I am expecting that after our long-awaited vacation the week after next, we will be in full summer mode, and ready for some fun projects.  Am excited!!


No comments: