Tuesday, June 30, 2009

snips and snails....

I unloaded all of the fresh veggies from our CSA subscription (btw, you can check out their blog on my sidebar, Blosser Urban Garden!!) onto the counter and went about to prepare dinner. We get turnips each time and I guilt-ily throw the greens away every week, though I am sure they are good to eat or at least use in Veggie Stock. This week, I decide I may keep them! So I was busily cutting the turnips, when to my surprise, I find a visitor on the greens!!


I guess this is what you get with an organic farm veggie subscription!! A large snail munching on my counter!! I screamed and the girls ran in to see what it was all about. Abs rescued him out to the yard and I am pretty sure I will be tossing the greens.... even though I know that these little guys probably crawl all over them when they are growing in the ground. I just don't need to see it!

And the turnips are actually smelling really good as they are cooking up right now in the oven. Of course, it may also just be the smell of the Balsamic Vinegar!! Mmm.

This week we got a great bag of stuff. Strawberries, Lemons, Artichokes, Potatoes, Zucchini, Lettuce, Carrots, a very large onion... along with the irregular regulars: bok choy, turnips and kohlrabi. We'll see what kinds of yummy things we come up with!! The girls tried artichokes the other night and they loved it!!!!

3 comments:

Mandi! said...

I would'a screamed too! :) This subscription thing is so crazily adventurous! That's awesome :)

Ma and Pa Moore said...

Hmmmm....escargot? :-)

annie said...

Ha ha ha- that's just what Todd said!! Maybe it was an extra edition to our veggies!! :)