Friday, February 1, 2008

pretty much a miracle

Did I mention that we do not have health insurance? In all of our testimony of Todd's brain thing and hospitalization and recovery, did I fail to leave out this vital bit of information?? Well, there it is. No insurance. And a lot of bills coming in. A LOT.

Last week....well, actually two weeks ago, now....not that it really matters, Todd and I were driving up to Trader Joe's. And I had this song stuck in my head.
"What song is this?" I asked Todd...."You are so generous, help us believe it....You are so generous, please help us believe it..."
"I don't know" he says.
I flip through the iPod searching. No luck.
"I think it's called Generous Man" I said, flipping through again. No luck, again.

Well, when I got home, I searched the internet, I searched iTunes, I searched my CD collection. Finally, I found it (on an old but luckily not scratched CD)! This is the song that was stuck in my head! It is called Generous Man by Michael Hansen. It goes like this:

He comes upon a place of famine
With food in His hands
And people come from miles around
They have heard
They want to meet this generous man
They're not worthy, they can't pay
But still He opens His hands

He comes upon a place of sickness
With healing in His hands
And people come from miles around
They have heard
They want to meet this generous man
And they're not worthy, and they can't pay
But still He opens His hands

You give it away
You give it away
Lord come give it away
Come give it away

This song had been singing in my head pretty much the whole week. Then last Friday, we got the amazing news! First, a call from a friend....we want to give you $5,000 toward your medical bills. Second, a letter in the mail saying the bill from the hospital, the majorly gigantic one, the one we would never NEVER be able to pay off, had been waived. WAIVED! Your balance is now zero, the letter stated. So, in that 5 minutes, God, this generous God that we worship, took care of all of our bills. It is pretty much a miracle. A MIRACLE! So, I just had to share it. Isn't He a generous man? LITERALLY we're not worthy, and we couldn't pay- but HE OPENED HIS HANDS! So, thanks, God. You can say thanks along with me!

1 comment:

Leah said...

That IS amazing Annie, and wonderful. What an incredible blessing.

I'm so glad Todd is well, all the bills are taken care of and you don't have to worry about any of it. It's miraculous, it really is.

Our God is amazing!