Thursday, July 16, 2009

peachy

Whenever I think of making jam, I think work. Tons of fruit or berries, lots of jars, giant pots of boiling water.... but last week, my beautiful friend Yensi gave me a great idea. She brought me some peaches from her garden, just enough for a small batch of jam! I just boiled the peaches with some sugar and it only took a little bit of time! Now we have a jar and a half of yummy peach jam to throw in the fridge. Just enough! It feels great to make something special and yummy with such little effort. And it's so cute! :)

2 comments:

Mandi! said...

mmm! looks great! (I make the freezer version since I don't have a pressure cooker or water bath thingy & peach sounds great :)

Lalena said...

Great idea!

I spent over an hour last night getting my 2 overflowing bowls of plums ready.