Thursday, April 17, 2008

123

A fellow blogger 'tagged' me for 123 a while back.

The basis of 123 is to grab a book near you (or nearest you) and write the first 6 sentences from page 123- with liberty, apparently, from page 122 if need be. Then, I get to tag 5 people who should post a 123 of their very own. So!

The good part first- I tag:

Grandma Moore, Eva, Lalena, Mandi and Esther
(cause you're the ones who blog!! :) )

Here's mine!

The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning, pg 12(2)3.

"The movie Amadeus was a remarkable film centered on two powerful and contrasting figures, Salieri, the court composer to the Emperor, and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, the brash and conceited young genius.

The limited, uninspired Salieri lives with a raging jealousy for the limitless, God-given talent of Mozart. Yes, after every laborious score that he writes, he whispers "Grazie, Signore", Thank You, Lord. This song of Salieri lies at the heart of our response to the graciousness of God and the gospel of grace.

Grazie, Signore, for your limps twisted in love to accommodate my sinful self, for judging me not by my shabby good deeds but by your love that is your gift to me, for your unbearable forgiveness and infinite patience with me, for other people who have greater gifts than mine, and for the honesty to acknowledge that I am a ragamuffin. When the final curtain falls and you summon me home, may my last whispered word on earth be the wholehearted cry, "Grazie, Signore".

1 comment:

Angela said...

Yay! I know. These things can be annoying sometimes. But you persevered! If one of us is mildly annoyed, then we should all be mildly annoyed! (Right?)

=^)